2015 was focussed on Van Gogh with Brabant featuring as Vincent’s Homeland. This led to a considerable increase in the number of visitors to the Heritage locations and museums in Brabant, in particular to Van Gogh Village Nuenen and the Vincent VanGoghHuis in Zundert.
A few facts:
- Both locations had a 70% increase in visitors in 2015 compared to 2014
- In Nuenen, 12% of all visitors in 2014 came from abroad. In 2015 that was already 25%
- We were pleased to welcome important new tour operators as collaboration partners, not only from Belgium, Germany, Britain and Scandinavia, but also from the USA, Mexico, Brazil, China and Japan.
- In order to accommodate the many group visits to Zundert and Nuenen, the number of audio sets was increased.
- As a newcomer, the Van Gogh Church in Etten-Leur received its first overseas groups in 2015. Investment is also being made to expand the multilingual services here.
Van Gogh continues to attract in 2016. What Brabant has to offer continues to increase, new facilities have already been provided. For example, Etten-Leur and Zundert have installed new information columns with stories of Van Gogh’s life. The first provisional bookings for 2016 are already a reality.